FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
In the FAQs you will find some answers to general questions about the game. If you have more questions, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer as soon as possible
Most of the fun at Clue Hunterrequires intellectual and logic work, however there are some smaller physical parts in the game, therefore it is recommended to have at least one team member without mobility problems. Game rooms are spacious enough to access them with crutches, however, the surface and size of the game areas are adequate for users in a wheelchair.
The game has background music and sound effects which alert the users about the inclusion of some electronic clues. There is no audio assistance system during the game, so we recommend that at least there is one person in the group without hearing problems. The lighting level is medium in all rooms and in the game reception.
Please tell us about your specific needs when making the reservation in order to enjoy the Clue Hunter experience to the fullest, as some users have played with reduced mobility.
- IF THE STORY IS FOR A GENERAL AUDIENCE, DOES THIS MEAN IT IS ONLY FOR CHILDREN OR VERY CHILDISH?
- No, in fact our games are for adults, but we do allow minors over 8 years because they can help the adults, but they can’t be in the rooms by their own. The complexity of the enigmas requires the presence of adults.
- WE ARE A COMPANY, CAN WE STAGE AN ACTIVITY IN YOUR FACILITIES?
- Of course, contact us by phone 0034 911 150 439 or send an email to email@example.com and we will tell you about tailored events.
- I WANT TO COME WITH CHILDREN BELOW THE AGE OF 8. IS THAT POSSIBLE?
- It depends on the adventure. For our games it would be best for them to be a bit older, a minimum of 12-14 years. For children to be able to interact with the escape rooms, we consider they should be at last 7 years old in order for them to better understand the game concept. If you think the child’s mental age is enough, there is no problem, but remember to insist that this is just a game. For smaller children it is better to consult first.
- IS IT POSSIBLE THAT YOU WILL NOT LET US PLAY?
- That depends on the state of the team. If Clue Hunter staff sees that you are drunk or high on drugs you will not be allowed to enter the escape rooms, losing the reservation. If the room is destroyed or there is inadequate behaviour the game may be interrupted.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF WE’RE LATE?
- It depends on how late you arrive, if you are less than 15 minutes late, the game is done all the same, no problem. If you arrive later than that, the game cannot be started, and unfortunately, in this case, the rate cannot be refunded. To avoid this type of inconvenience, we recommend you to come in public transport, walk or with spare time to find parking spaces.
- IF THE PERSON WHO MADE THE RESERVATION CAN’T COME, CAN THE REST OF THE TEAM PLAY?
- Of course. Clue Hunter is a team game, so the rest of the participants can come at the specified time and even invite someone as substitute.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF A PLAYER WANTS TO LEAVE THE GAME?
- Depending on the situation: if this person wants to quit the game he should leave the room so that he rest can keep on playing; if the person abandoning the room is incapacitated he should be accompanied by another team member who can take care of him, while the rest can keep on playing. In case of an accident or serious problems Clue Hunter staff controlling the game may decide to stop it completely.
- IF THERE IS JUST TWO OF US, CAN WE PLAY?
- Why not!? The game becomes a bit harder, but if you dare to do so, you can also play in couples. In this case we recommend you to tell us so that we can fit the game level to make a perfec experience for you.
- CAN WE PARTICIPATE IF OUR GROUP IS OVER 5 PERSONS?
- Sure, you can play with up to 15 people at once, as we have 3 escape rooms you can access at the same time. But there is a maximum of 5 per room.
- IS IT NECESSARY TO USE PHYSICAL STRENGTH?
- Not at all, in fact this is prohibited. You will have to search, think, clarify information and share it. Communication and thinking is the best weapon. All you need is inside the room and it is completely forbidden to use personal items or items external to the game.
- CAN PEOPLE WITH HEART CONDITIONS OR CLAUSTROPHOBIA PLAY?
- This is not a dangerous game and there are no scares during gameplay; Clue Hunter staff always controls the game evolution to guide you if you are having difficulties or any doubt. If you need to, you can leave the room at any time. Even so it is not recommended to enter the Basement game if you have serious claustrophobia.
- CAN MINORS PARTICIPATE?
- Our games are designed for an adult audience, due to the level of some of the puzzles, but in some adventures children can be part of the team. They can solve some mysteries and can provide ideas for the rest. At the moment, in our game of “Caught in the basement” teenagers between 13 and 17 years can play without any problem, provided they are accompanied by at least one adult who will be part of the team. If they want to play alone they should bring a signed parental consent provided upon request. For “Holmes vs Moriarty” kids from 10 years old can play accompanied by at least one adult